DOWNLOAD MEDIA KIT HERE
GeekRadioAmerica is the world’s only talk radio network devoted to science fiction entertainment- providing content through a dedicated streaming audio channel via the Internet, with that content being made accessible to radio stations worldwide via WiFi/DSL Internet access.
What GeekRadioAmerica does not cover…
- alien abductions and UFOs
- ghost presence and supernatural activity
What GeekRadioAmerica does cover…
Entertainment news and programs in the realms of
- science fiction
- video and role playing games
- Japanese animation
- Spaceflight and hard science.
Why, then, a talk radio content provider devoted specifically to science fiction and its related genres?
Science fiction is not a fad- it is constantly evolving, and has become a powerful tool in the marketing world. Science fiction has all the ingredients that you need for a successful film or TV series, special effects drama, love, action, comedy- and, most importantly, it’s entertaining. In this geo-political climate, people are looking for escapism. Science fiction fits that bill perfectly.
Look at how science fiction has enveloped popular culture:
- Seven of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time are science fiction films (“Avatar”; “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”; “Jurassic World”; “Iron Man 3”; “Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2”: “The Avengers” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (source: Box Office Mojo); and at least half of the top ten movies of the past five calendar years (2006-2015) were of science fiction, fantasy, comics or animated origin (source: IMDB.com).
- Television programs and films like “Star Trek,” “The Walking Dead,” “Star Wars,” “Game of Thrones,” “Doctor Who,” and “”The Big Bang Theory” dominate DVD sales upon release (source: Billboard).
- Cable networks and streaming video services are constantly winning viewers over with programs like “The Walking Dead,” Game of Thrones,” and programs based on the DC and Marvel universes are a fixture of the over the air networks.
- Books like “Harry Potter, ” “Twilight,” and “The Lord of the Rings” have dominated book sales for the past ten years and their films have greatly influenced an increase in sales of fantasy titles (source: USA Today, The New York Times).
- Science fiction talk radio is prevalent on terrestrial radio stations across America and the world. It is also a mainstay on Internet radio/PodCasts. (source: CNet).
- The Marvel Universe film franchise is the most successful money making movie series at the box office- with the “Harry Potter” and “Star Wars” franchises rounding out the top three. (source: Forbes)
- With GeekRadioAmerica as a conduit for your radio program schedule, you will reach a ready-made target audience.
The technical aspect of GeekRadioAmerica is clear. Today’s reach of syndicated radio programs are mainly in the realm of satellite radio networks. In the past ten years, streaming audio stations on the Internet have provided a choice in how people listen to music, talk programs and their hometown radio stations when they are abroad. As download time has increased exponentially through the prevalent access of Wi-fi and Cable Internet, so has the ability for more time spent by users to stay as listeners to streaming audio channels.
At the same time, terrestrial radio stations across the country are finding new ways to keep their current audience from making the leap to alternative radio content provider services. In addition, the problems that plague radio stations where satellite downlink of programs are concerned (be it atmospheric or monetary), have not gone away. Thankfully, the solution to those problems has arrived.
GeekRadioAmerica is the first dedicated content provider that does not require a satellite receiver to access programs. All a radio station needs to pick up GeekRadioAmerica is a personal computer with at least Windows 7, a Pentium processor, an internet router/wifi card, a sound card with a headphone jack, and a 1/8” to 1/4” cord to hook through the station’s control board for broadcast. Or, if you prefer, you can download an entire hour of show for play on mp3 directly from our site.
There is neither a talk radio content provider that carries programs of this ilk, nor a talk radio content provider that makes itself available to ALL radio stations around the world through this technology. GeekRadioAmerica does both.
|Some college||College grad||Some post college||Post-graduate degree|
|Annual Household Income|
|$26 – 50,000||$51 – 75,000||$76 – 100,000||$100,000+|
|Average number of books purchased per year|
|Average $ spent per year on other products|
|Video games||DVD releases||Movie tickets||CDs/Music Downloads||Collectibles|
Owns a personal computer 95%
Uses on-line services 99% (of those who own computers)
Owns DVD and/or Blu-Ray/DVR/Streaming Video Services 94%
For more information, contact Joey Donovan, president of EJR2 Communications, LLC at 561-752-6986. You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.orgDOWNLOAD MEDIA KIT HERE