So, just why are we on the cutting edge?
GeekRadioAmerica is the world’s only talk radio network devoted to science fiction entertainment- providing content through a dedicated streaming audio channel via the Internet, with that content being made accessible to radio stations worldwide via Cable/DSL Internet access.
What GeekRadioAmerica does not cover…
- alien abductions and UFOs
- ghost presence and supernatural activity
What GeekRadioAmerica does cover…
Entertainment news and programs in the realms of
- science fiction
- online video gaming and role playing games
- Japanese animation
- spaceflight and hard science.
Why, then, a talk radio provider network devoted specifically to science fiction and its related genres?
Science fiction is not a fad- it is constantly evolving. And it has become a powerful tool in the marketing world. Science fiction has all the ingredients that you need for a successful film or TV series: special effects, drama, love, action, comedy. In this current geo-political climate, people are looking for escapism. Science fiction fits that bill perfectly.
Look at how science fiction has enveloped popular culture:
- Eight of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time are science fiction films
“Avatar,” “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” “Jurassic World”, “Black Panther,” “Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2,” “The Avengers” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (source: BoxOffice Mojo); and at least half of the top ten movies of the past five calendar years (2014-2018) were of science fiction, fantasy, comics or animated origin (source: IMDB.com).
- Television programs and films like “Star Trek,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “Star Wars,” “Supernatural,” “Doctor Who,” “Supergirl” and “The Big Bang Theory” dominate DVD sales upon release (source: Billboard).
- Cable networks and streaming video services are constantly winning viewers over with programs like “The Walking Dead,” “Game of Thrones,” and programs based on the DC and Marvel universes are a fixture of the over the air networks.
- Book series like “Harry Potter,” “Twilight,” and “The Lord of the Rings” have dominated book sales for the past ten years and their films have greatly influenced an increase in sales of fantasy titles (source: USA Today, The New York Times).
- Science fiction talk radio is prevalent on terrestrial radio stations across America and the world. It is also a mainstay on PodCast (source: CNet).
- The Disney/Marvel Universe film franchise is the most successful money-making movie series at the box office- with the “Harry Potter” and “Star Wars” franchises rounding out the top three. (source: Forbes)
- With GeekRadio America as addition for your radio program schedule, you will reach a ready-made target audience.